Wednesday, June 24, 2020

From the CTKG Cabinet: Donations to Southington Bread for Life

Hey Everyone! Derek here.

I hope everybody is doing well and that you are all safe and healthy during this time. I just want to give you an update on what I've been doing for my platform, Brightening the Lives of Homeless Children.

During this pandemic, homeless people are desperately in need of food. I organized a food drive in my neighborhood and all of the donations went to Bread for Life in Southington. I handed out fliers to my neighbors, introducing myself and giving them a list of food items that were listed on the Bread for Life website. The collection ended on May 22nd and we received a LOT of food items including canned foods, cereals, pasta, and much more.

Credit: Southington Food for Life

When we arrived at Bread for Life, the workers were very happy to hear about my Kid Governor Cabinet platform. They were very grateful for the donation too! You can learn more about my platform and the Cabinet here.

If you would like to learn more about Southington Bread for Life or how you can support them, visit SouthingtonBreadforLife.org.

Thank you for reading my blog post! I hope that you all stay happy, health, and safe during these hard times. Thanks for supporting my platform!

-Derek Gaszek
Oshana Elementary School
Southington, CT


A message from the Connecticut's Kid Governor Team....

While the school year may be over, the 2020 CTKG Cabinet has continued their hard work on their platforms and supporting CTKG Myra's Standing Up for Animals in Need platform. You can learn more about each platform and Cabinet Member at CT.KidGovernor.org/Cabinet2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment