Monday, January 20, 2020

Welcome to my blog!

A message from your friends at The Connecticut Democracy Center...

CTKG Myra Stanfield was sworn in as the 2020 Connecticut's Kid Governor on Friday January 17, 2020 at Connecticut's Old State House in Hartford. Watch her inauguration HERE and visit CT.KidGovernor.org to learn more about her platform and term!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Myra Stanfield and most of you reading this will know that I am the 2020 Connecticut's Kid Governor. As you can see, this is my blog and I will try to post as much as I can to let you guys know what I'm doing over the course of the year.

My platform, or the problem in our community, I will be working to solve is animal cruelty and helping animals. I have named my platform Standing Up for Animals in Need.  I got the idea from my love of animals. I didn't like the fact that pets (also called "companion animals") all over our state need help. I realized that this is a bigger problem than many of us might think. Don't you think that every animal, no matter how big or small, should be treated with kindness and respect and have a loving home?

You might be wondering: how does this kid plan to help animals in need? This is how:

  1. I will inform people about the problem of animal cruelty and explain how kids can help animals in need.
  2. I will encourage schools to hold fundraisers and collect blankets, toys and supplies for local shelter animals to brighten their lives. I will also hold a poster design contest for 5th graders to create artwork about helping animals.
  3. I will hold a statewide adoption event for families interested in adopting a pet, or families who just love animals but can't adopt one.

There you go. That's my plan for the year! Stay tuned for more information about my platform in the coming months!

Your Kid Governor,

Myra


No comments:

Post a Comment