Monday, March 30, 2020

From the CTKG Cabinet: Meet Ariana!

Hello, my name is Ariana Moreno and I was a final candidate in the 2019 Statewide Election for Connecticut's Kid Governor. I'm now in the Kid Governor's Cabinet working with CTKG Myra!

I ran on the platform of Suicide Prevention and Mental Health. I chose this issue because it is a topic that many people don't like to talk about. That's why I would like to change that perspective and break the stigma. I want kids to know that how they feel isn't bad and there is hope for them. It's not as easy as it seems so I want to spread awareness. To do this, I will share my three point plan:
  • Bring more support groups to schools
  • Making lime green loom bracelets to sell and raise money (green is the color for mental health)
  • Have a charity walk on September 10th (Suicide Prevention Day) and October 10th (World Mental Health Day)
Since the Statewide Election, I have raised money in my school for mental health and I am currently working on making loom bracelets. I will continue to work on my platform by selling bracelets, planning the charity walks on September 10th and October 10th, and working on making more support groups in Connecticut schools.  

If you would like to support my platform you can make bracelets, suggest to your principal to make a support group in your school, and finally participate in the charity walks. 

I would love to hear about how you are making a difference around suicide and mental health in your own community. Email info@KidGovernor.org to tell me about it! You can visit CT.KidGovernor.org/Cabinet2020 to read about the other Kid Governor's Cabinet members.

- Ariana Moreno
Casimir Pulaski Elementary School
Meriden, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment